Heartland’s online bill payer includes:
- Full integration within online banking
- Full mobile functionality for your phone or tablet
- Ability to configure email alerts
- Real-time access to checking account balance
- Reminders if balance isn’t sufficient to pay bills
- An intuitive, user-friendly experience
Watch this video and learn more about Bill Pay …
Adding payees in Bill Payer is easy — watch this video and learn now easy it really is!
Get notified of a bill due right from online/mobile banking and Bill Payer!
What is person-to-person?
The Person-to-Person program allows you to electronically send money to any individual located in the United States. You will not be asked to enter their account number and routing number. Instead – you will be asked to specify how you wish to send the payment. You will be able to send either a secure text message or email communication. With your transfer, you will enter a password that should be provided to the recipient. They will be sent a secure website that walks them through the steps of collecting the money you sent.
What if I am not a active bill pay user?
We encourage you to enroll. This is a quick and easy way for you to pay your bills online.
Bill Pay Key Terms
- Electronic Payee: Merchant allows payments to be processed electronically.
(Processing Time: 1-2 Business Days)
- Paper Check Payee: Merchant will receive a physical check in the mail delivered by the United States Postal System (USPS).
(Processing Time: 7 Business Days)
- Managed Payee: The bill pay vendor and the payee have established a relationship to better deliver payments on behalf of the member. The payment address is not displayed to member because the information is considered proprietary information to the vendor.
- Recurring Payments: User-defined request for automatic payments for a specific payee. The member will define the payment amount, frequency, start date, and end date.
- Ebill: Payment (bill) information will display within your Bill Pay Dashboard. This information will provide you with the important items such as Payment Date, Amount Due, and Available Balance (if applicable).