Protecting our member/owners and employees during the COVID-19 outbreak is a priority at Heartland. We’ve been watching the ongoing updates and our Executive Team is monitoring daily the latest governmental recommendations as well as the information from the Centers for Disease Control.
Heartland has an internal business continuity plan in place and has taken steps internally in regards to safety and wellness of our associates at all locations. But, we also know we’re all here to serve you, our member/owners. You are our priority and we want to make sure you’re safe, too. With that in mind, we wanted to share some tips that will help us all get through the next few weeks of the COVID-19 situation.
- Follow the Wisconsin Department of Health Services for information on COVID-19 as it pertains to us here in the Badger State. Follow, too, your local city or county health departments.
- Nationally, follow the Centers for Disease Control (CDC.)
- Sign up for Heartland’s eBanking. Really — you can do just about anything via your phone, laptop or desktop that you can do in one of our branches – oftentimes more! Pay bills, deposit checks, transfers funds, check balances and more. You can even send money to your friends or family using the “Pay Anyone” feature.
- Use direct deposit/ACH and make sure your paycheck or social security deposit gets to your account safely, securely and on time.
- When out shopping, use your Heartland debit card instead of cash.
- The Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions reminds consumers and investors to be wary of con artists seeking to capitalize on fear and uncertainty. The DFI’s press release will help you learn more and help you keep your investments safe.
- Most importantly, please make sure we have the most up to date contact information for you. When there’s possible fraud on your account or if we need to let you know an office is going to be closed for any reason, we do so via email or via an automated voice-mail or text. You can update your contact info inside eBanking or simply call us at 800.362.3944
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and update this page. You can also get up-to-date info on our Facebook and Twitter pages. Follow the CDC recommendations for preventing the spread of COVID-19 and consider following our recommendations above. Let’s all work together to make sure we get through this challenging time safely and with as little disruption to our daily routine as possible.