A Health Savings Account (HSA) is an account you can use to save for future medical expenses and includes favorable tax treatment.
Any adult can contribute to an HSA if they:
- Have coverage under an HSA-qualified high deductible health plan
- Have no other first-dollar medical coverage (other types of insurance like specific injury insurance or accident, disability, dental, vision or long-term care insurance are permitted.)
- Are not enrolled in Medicare or cannot be claimed as a dependent on someone else's tax return
You can contribute to an HSA and so can your employer; however, annual contributions are limited.
Make a contribution to an existing HSA here and click on Service Existing HSA button.
How to use your HSA:
You'll have access to your Heartland HSA with a debit card and checks. Click here to use our HSA Service Center for complete information and applications.
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.
- This account is used as a tax-deferred means of saving for medical expenses.
- There is no application fee, no minimum balance requirement, and no per check fee.
- $5.00 is the minimum deposit to open this account.
- Transfers, rollovers and terminations may require a fee not to exceed $25.00.
- At least $250 is required to earn dividends.
- This is a tiered rate account. Average daily balance dividends are calculated and paid quarterly.
- Dividendsare not earned for the month in which the account is closed.
View Current HSA Rates Open an HSA