6 easy steps to start saving …
- Change Your Mindset – Savings are a necessary expense. When working out your monthly budget, include a little bit for savings, too.
- Use Cash Over Cards – This way, you’ll be forced to stick to your budget.
- Start Small – Every little bit counts. Think a dollar a day, a fiver a week, or $50 a month.
- Make it Automatic – Set up Direct Deposit at Heartland, and direct a portion of your income into your savings account so your savings can grow with no other effort on your part!
- Don’t spend it on luxury purchases. Instead, save up separately for expensive indulgences.
- Open a Saver’s Sweepstakes account — a prize-linked account that can enter you into a sweepstakes to win up to $100, $1,000, or $5,000!